This salmon recipe is super simple and easy and makes for a quick week night meal. No excuses! You can whip up a salad or another veggie for the side dish while it bakes. 15 minutes to a delicious healthy meal! Sometimes that feels like a miracle!
Fish is a great way to eat healthier. It’s super easy to pan sear fish for a quick dinner. I’m a huge fan. I thought I didn’t like fish, but I was just eating the wrong kinds. I have tons of amazing fish recipes on my site. We prefer eating fish at least once a week. Even our kids have learned to love it. My children often choose fish for their special birthday dinners and have been doing so since they were pre-school aged. My son almost always chooses swordfish. And fish tacos are a huge family favorite in our household. I’ve even got a healthy fish taco recipe for you.
Four ingredients are all that are required for this easy, healthy dinner. You can be fancy and add a fifth ingredient if you’d like as a garnish, but really, it’s all about the main four.
Watch the video for special tips and tricks for this recipe. I also talk about chili powder and which ones work best in this recipe. There’s a lot to chili powder you may not know!
Healthy Baked Chili Lime Salmon
- 1 fresh salmon filet (about 1 pound)
- 2 limes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the salmon, scale side down in the baking dish. Season the salmon with salt. Sprinkle the chili powder over the salmon and rub it all over.
- Squeeze the juice from one of the limes over the salmon. Spread it out with your hands so that it mixes with the chili powder.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until salmon flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with remaining lime, cut into slices or wedges.
More Salmon Recipes: