These zucchini pancakes (also known as zucchini fritters) are a fun way to use up zucchini. They are easy to make and tasty too!
Can I use gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can substitute many gluten-free flours and flour blends in this recipe. The flour acts as a binding agent so other flours will work just as well.
My Other Recipes
How long are zucchini pancakes good for? How do I reheat them?
Zucchini pancakes are best fresh but will stay good in the fridge for 2 to 3 days in an airtight container. It is not recommended to freeze these pancakes.
Zucchini pancakes/fritters can be reheated in the microwave, but for best results we recommend reheating them in a skillet on the stove. Heat 1-2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Place the zucchini pancakes in the skillet and let them heat all the way through. This will provide the same crispy exterior as fresh zucchini fritters.
How do I grate my zucchini? How many zucchinis do I need for 1 cup of grated zucchini?
Use the large hole side of a cheese grater to grate zucchini for making zucchini fritters. Zucchinis vary in size. A good rule of thumb is that 1 zucchini will yield approximately 1 cup of grated zucchini.
PRO TIP: It’s a good idea to remove the excess moisture from grated zucchini. To do this simple pile your grated zucchini in a paper towel and wrap it up tightly to create a little ball. Give it a good squeeze over the sink to get any excess moisture out.
What do I serve zucchini fritters with?
Zucchini fritters can be served as a vegetarian main dish or as a vegetable side dish. They are most frequently served with either sour cream or a marinara sauce for dipping. Either way is delicious! Zucchini fritters can also be served up on a bun for a delicious vegetable slider or veggie burger.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in some of our other delicious zucchini recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Zucchini Pancakes (Zucchini Fritters)
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup minced white onion
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil divided use
- In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, mozzarella cheese, cayenne pepper, basil, garlic, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Get a large heavy skillet heating over medium-high heat. Pour in about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil into the pan to coat.
- Working 3 or 4 at a time, drop heaping spoonfuls of the zucchini mixture into the hot oil in the pan. Press down on it a little to flatten slightly.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!