Learn how to make a simple version of an Ethiopian dish called Tikel Gomen. This one pot dish is both easy to make, and healthy! It’s vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free and has enough flavor to satisfy anyone!
Don’t be deceived by the bland yellow coloring. It bursts with flavor! This is a recipe that I’m not going to forget about again. Definitely give it a try. Don’t let it scare you because it is Ethiopian. You are sure to love it. There’s a reason Ethiopian food is all the rage these days! It is a one pot meal, easy to make, and full of veggies. You know you have to try it now!
My Other Recipes
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 4 carrots sliced
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 head cabbage sliced
- 5 red potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- Heat the olive oil in a 6.5-Quart Covered Stockpot over medium high heat.
- Toss in the carrots and onion and saute them in the oil for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the seasonings (salt, pepper, cumin, turmeric, ginger) and toast for a minute.
- Add in the cabbage and potatoes. Stir to combine. Cover the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook until the potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes. (actual time will depend on how big you cut your potatoes).
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!