Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer’s favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love!
Is there a difference between bell peppers?
Yes, there is (: While all the colors of the bell peppers can come from the same plant, there are differences. The biggest difference is the taste and nutrition of between colors. Red peppers are the sweetest, followed by orange then yellow, then ending on green. All the bell peppers have similar mild heat.
Are green bell peppers unripe red peppers?
Yes. Red bell peppers are the mature version of the green bell pepper that grows on the bell pepper plant. Yellow and orange bell peppers fall in between the green and red peppers in maturity. That being said there is nothing wrong with green bell peppers and it is more a matter of your personal tastes of what peppers you use in this recipe.
My Other Recipes
How do I get my peppers to turn red?
Sweet peppers usually do not continue to ripen once you pick them off the plant or buy them from the store. This means you should buy the bell peppers that you want from the store and not to expect them to change as they wait on the counter.
Can I eat any leftover stuffing?
Yes, you can, but you’ll need to return the skillet to the heat and cook until the corn is heated through and the ground beef is completely cooked through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious dinner ideas:
- Italian Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Chinese Pepper Steak
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Best Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 whole bell peppers any color
- 3/4 to 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Trim the tops off each bell pepper and remove seeds and membrane from inside. Place the bell peppers into the prepared pan.
- In a large skill over medium high heat, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Drain any excess fat or liquids. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, cooked rice, corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup pepper jack cheese.
- Spoon mixture into bell peppers until full. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling and browned.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!