Stuffed Bell Peppers are a great way to enjoy summer’s favorite veggie. These bell peppers are stuffed with a delicious cheesy ground beef and rice mixture that your family is sure to love!
Stuffed Bell Peppers are a family favorite recipe in the United States. What you stuff them with can vary widely, but most frequently you will find them stuffed with a ground meat and rice mixture. Sometimes you may find them seasoned with Tex-Mex flavorings, or you may even see them with Italian flavorings. The possibilities are endless!
Is there a difference between bell peppers? Which colors should I use?
While all the colors of the bell peppers can come from the same plant, there are differences. The biggest difference is the taste and nutrition between colors. Red peppers are the sweetest, followed by orange then yellow, then ending on green. All the bell peppers have similar mild heat. Any color of bell pepper can be used for stuffed bell peppers. Which you choose is a matter of personal preference.
What if I like my peppers softer? Should I parboil them?
This recipe is written in a way that renders the pepper tender crisp, meaning it still has a crunch to it. if you like your bell peppers to be softer instead of tender crisp, cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes. Then remove the aluminum foil and bake an additional 20-30 minutes until cheese on top is bubbling and starting to brown.
Alternately, you can also parboil them before stuffing. Prepare the bell peppers as directed, but before stuffing, boil them in a pot of water for 5 to 10 minutes before stuffing and baking.
Can I eat any leftover filling?
Yes, you can, but you’ll need to return the skillet to the heat and cook until the corn is heated through and the ground beef is completely cooked through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious dinner ideas:
- Italian Stuffed Chicken
- Easy Chinese Pepper Steak
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Best Oven Baked BBQ Chicken
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 whole bell peppers any color
- 3/4 to 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 white onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- Trim the tops off each bell pepper and remove seeds and membrane from inside. Place the bell peppers into the prepared pan.
- In a large skill over medium high heat, cook ground beef and onion until browned. Drain any excess fat or liquids. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, cooked rice, corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, and 1 cup pepper jack cheese.
- Spoon mixture into bell peppers until full. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degree oven for 30 minutes until cheese is bubbling and browned.