Are you ready for one of the simplest appetizers ever? 3 ingredients with minimal prep, and a surprise zesty bite inside. This recipe came about at a family Christmas party several years ago. Someone had extra cherry tomatoes in the kitchen and someone else was making stuffed mushrooms. I combined the two and hoped for the best. The result was something quite tasty. The acidic tomato inside provides for a zesty surprise when you bite into it.
Sausage and Tomato Stuffed Mushrooms
- 12 large white mushrooms stems removed
- 1 lb plain ground sausage
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lay mushrooms out on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Break off a small ping-pong sized ball of sausage and wrap it around a cherry tomato. Stuff the sausage into the mushrooms.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned on top.
About The Stay At Home Chef
We share restaurant-quality recipes you can easily make at home. Our team of chefs and creatives is bringing back the family dinner in a really delicious way!