This easy and satisfying Slow Cooker Turkey Soup lets you use up your leftover turkey in an easy soup that you can make in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Turkey Soup is the perfect way to use your leftover turkey, but doesn’t taste like you’re eating leftovers. This soup is hearty, satisfying, flavorful, filling, and healthy. We just love it! If you have leftovers after chicken night, or a lot of leftover turkey, this is a great soup to make in advance and freeze for a rainy (or sick) day. Seriously, turkey soup for the soul that doesn’t require you to be on your feet all day—you deserve a break!
Potato Options for Slow Cooker Turkey Soup:
We recommend Yukon Gold potatoes. They hold up in a soup better than russets, and don’t create a grainy, starchy texture in your soup.
If you want to better control the total amount of sodium in your soup, we highly recommend using low-sodium chicken broth.
What is poultry seasoning?
Poultry seasoning is a great pantry staple, as it contains the main herbs and spices found in most poultry and soup recipes. It reduces the amount of ingredients you would otherwise be purchasing and measuring out.
Can I make this with chicken?
Yes. This soup is perfect for chicken too, whether that is leftover from a whole chicken, or you just want to make a simple, yummy chicken soup from scratch.
Can this soup be frozen?
Yes. This soup is great to have on hand for day when you need soup but you don’t feel like making it. Be sure to place your soup in an airtight container and to mark it with the date it was made. It can freeze for up to 3 months.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Reheat in a saucepan on the stovetop over medium-low heat until warmed through.
If you’re looking for other great leftover ideas or just another great soup, here are some delicious recipes you will love:
- Turkey Pot Pie
- Thanksgiving Leftover Pizza
- Juiciest Turkey Recipe
- Potato Leek Soup
- Simple Sweet Potato Soup
- Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Slow Cooker Turkey Soup
- 1 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes , diced
- 3 ribs celery , sliced
- 3 large carrots , peeled and sliced
- 1 medium white onion , diced
- 3 cloves garlic .minced
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 cups cooked shredded turkey
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Combine potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, garlic, chicken broth, salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and measure out approximately 2 cups of soup and transfer into a blender*. Puree briefly until ingredients are mostly combined.
- Return pureed soup to crockpot and add shredded turkey, heavy cream, and parsley. Stir well, cover, and cook on high for another 30 minutes. Serve hot.