Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower is a great low-carb alternative to mashed potatoes!
Can you make mashed cauliflower without a food processor?
Have a food processor handy? If you want to save some time, instead of using a hand mixer you can put the cooked cauliflower in the food processor and whip it to your liking. However, there is no need for a food processor for this recipe and a hand mixer or even a potato masher will work just fine. Just mash away!
My Other Recipes
Is mashed cauliflower keto friendly?
Cauliflower is a staple for many keto diets. It has very little carbs in it compared to most other starchy foods and it can be healthy. If you are looking for a great keto dish this is the recipe for you!
Does mashed cauliflower taste like mashed potatoes?
Mashed cauliflower and mashed potatoes are made from two different vegetables. Because of this, they do taste different, however, they have a similar texture because they are both whipped. Mashed cauliflower tastes like mashed cauliflower. That being said it is still a delicious dish that is a great option for people on the paleo diet (sans cheese), keto diet, or anyone simply looking for a great low carb option.
If you like this recipe, you may also be interested in these other low carb recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1/2 cup parmesan grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chives chopped
- Fill a large sauce pan with water. Bring it to a boil over high heat.
- Remove the stalks and leaves from the cauliflower heads, leaving only the florets. Put the florets into the boiling water and boil until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the florets and return to the empty pan or a mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to blend up the cauliflower until smooth. You can also use a potato masher, or a food processor.
- Add in the parmesan, olive oil and mix thoroughly. Garnish with chives. Serve hot.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!