Italian Couscous Salad is delightfully simple and delicious featuring mozzarella, olives, salami, pepperoncinis, and a homemade dressing that you are going to love!
These are the kinds of recipes we crave. Light and simple, with different textures, and a good amount of crunch. We could eat this any time of year, but especially in the summer when appetites are just a bit lower due to the heat. This is one of those salads that you can pick and choose which toppings work for you, and leave out the others. It’s great to keep on hand for lunches throughout the week, or to bring to a family get-together as an appetizer.
You can use either a Moroccan or Israeli-style couscous. Each style is cooked differently, so be sure to cook according to the package instructions.
Herbs in Italian CousCous Salad:
We love the ease of dried herbs, but you can use fresh herbs in place of the dried herbs if desired. Simply double the dried amount if using fresh, and chop finely.
You can serve this as the main course for lunch, or as an appetizer or side for dinner. We’ve been known to snack on this throughout the day, so there are no rules!
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious pasta salad recipes:
Italian CousCous Salad
- 3 cups couscous
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese cubed
- 4 ounces sliced black olives
- 4 ounces salami cubes
- 1 green bell pepper seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pepperoncinis
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white vinegar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook couscous according to package directions. Chill.
- While the couscous is chilling, prepare the topping ingredients and make dressing.
- Combine chilled couscous with mozzarella, olives, salami, bell pepper, red onion, pepperoncini and tomatoes,
- Dress the pasta salad by pouring the dressing onto it.
- Stir to combine. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve cold.
- Combine the Olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, sugar, parsley. pepper and basil all together. Mix well.