Tuna Macaroni salad is satisfying dish all on its own, but is also the perfect side dish to complement a summer picnic or potluck. This salad has it all–delicious pasta, savory tuna and a creamy, sweet, and zesty sauce!
Tuna Macaroni Salad is quick and easy to make, even with all the fresh ingredients. The tuna and hard boiled eggs make it hearty enough to enjoy on its own or as a flavorful side dish.You can garnish it in any way you choose and you’ll love the fresh and zesty flavor. Be ready to make it again, because it’s just that good!
Can I make Tuna Macaroni Salad in advance?
Yes. This dish needs time to cool, and the longer the ingredients are together, the better they taste. Making this dish at least 1 hour ahead and up to 1 day before is recommended.
My Other Recipes
Can I use Miracle Whip instead of mayonnaise?
Yes, you can swap this ingredient out if you prefer the taste of Miracle Whip. I recommend mayonnaise, because it doesn’t interfere as much with the unique flavor that is produced by the other ingredients.
Can I use chicken instead of tuna?
The ingredients in this salad pair well with tuna because of how they balance the fishiness with tangy, pickled flavors. However, chicken is an acceptable substitute if you prefer not to use tuna.
If you like this recipe, you may also be interested in these other delicious recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Tuna Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound elbow noodles
- 3 5 ounce cans solid white albacore tuna drained
- 5 large hard boiled eggs diced
- ½ large red onion minced
- 4 ribs celery diced
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup minced fresh dill
- 1-2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook elbow noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is cooled. Drain well.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss together cooked noodles with tuna, eggs, onion, celery, and peas.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, cider vinegar, dill, sugar, relish, dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta and toss until everything is well coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill at least 1 hour before serving.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!