This simple Grape Salad Recipe is so easy to make and always a hit at parties. It’s a sweet, creamy and delicious side dish.
Grape salad is one of those classic side dishes that you would always see at holiday feasts. Now, I am not generally fond of salads but don’t let the name fool you because this salad is an exception. It’s unlike any other salad you will ever eat… it’s sweet, creamy, nutty and fruity and all flavors and textures work so well together. It’s like you are eating dessert.
I swear I can eat a whole bowl of this any time, any day! I have also taken this to potlucks, picnics and BBQs and it’s always a hit with kids and adults and there are never any leftovers.
It’s also very easy to make with just 7 simple ingredients: cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, grapes, vanilla, brown sugar, pecans.
Traditionally, pecans are added in this salad for a bit of crunch but I have also made it with walnuts and cashews, when I am out of pecans.
How to make grape salad?
Mix together cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla, pecans. Then, mix in the grapes until they are fully coated in this cheesecake filling. Top it off with brown sugar and additional pecans. Serve and enjoy!
How can I make grape salad healthier?
Replace the sour cream with plain greek yogurt. Sugar can also be replaced wit honey in equal amounts.
- 1 cup cream cheese
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 pounds red grapes
- 2 pounds green grapes
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (Optional)
- Additional pecans and coconut for sprinkling on top
- In a large mixing bowl, add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and beat it together until fully blended.
- Add coconut (optional) and pecans and mix again.
- Add red and green grapes and mix until they are fully coated.
- Prior to serving, sprinkle brown sugar, pecans and coconut.