Flourless Chocolate Cake is rich, dense, and fudgy and incredibly easy to make. It’s a classic chocolate cake recipe that also just so happens to be gluten-free.
Flourless chocolate cake is a decadent and rich dessert that supposedly originates from the Italian island of Capri. It is a very dense cake that is easy to make and best enjoyed in small portion sizes. This flourless chocolate cake can be enjoyed with or without the chocolate ganache topping. It can also be served topped with fresh berries.
Is a flourless chocolate cake gluten free?
Yes it is! A flourless chocolate cake contains no gluten products so it is suitable for a gluten-free diet. While this cake was no originally created with the intent of catering to a Celiac of gluten-free diet, it has become quite a popular choice for both.
What kind of cream should I use for a ganache?
The higher the fat content of your cream, the more stable your ganache will be. In your grocery store, you will most likely see both heavy cream and whipping cream. Heavy cream has a slightly higher fat content than whipping cream, but both will work to make a ganache. Technically, you can also use creme fraiche or sour cream, but they create a less stable ganache.
What kind of cocoa powder should I use?
This recipe is best suited for a dutch process cocoa powder, however, plain unsweetened cocoa powder will also work. Use dutch processed for best results. The quality of cocoa powder varies so we recommend staying away from inexpensive, generic brands as they tend to have the lowest quality when it comes to chocolate.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other amazing chocolate desserts:
- Easy Chocolate Souffle
- Chocolate Marshmallow Chubbies
- Easy Rocky Road Cookie Cups
- Triple Chocolate Cookies
- Decadent Homemade Chocolate Pudding
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup salted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly greased 9 inch cake pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper.
- Place chocolate chips and butter into a microwave safe mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until everything is melted and smooth.
- Pour in sugar, cocoa powder, eggs, and vanilla extract. Use a hand mixer to beat together until just combined. Do not over mix. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed in.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Run a knife around the edges to loosen, and flip the cake onto a serving platter or cake stand. Let cool completely.
- Make the ganache by placing chocolate chips into a mixing bowl. Heat heavy cream in the microwave until simmering, about 45 seconds.
- Pour hot cream over chocolate chips. Let stand 2 minutes, then stir until smooth.
- Spread ganache over the top of the cake. Let cool before slicing and serving.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!