Learn how to make delicious crepes the easy way with this fool-proof recipe that anyone can make in just minutes! Using only four common pantry ingredients, you’ll come back to this recipe again and again!
Calling all pancake lovers! Crepes are the multi-purpose food you didn’t know you needed in your life. Boring breakfast getting you down? In a dinner rut? Craving a decadent dessert? Crepes. Seriously folks, this is the most versatile recipe to have up your sleeve. The base recipe is made with just 4 ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and fridge. From there, you can dress it to fit whatever you need.
History lesson: The French loved crepes so much that they actually created a day to celebrate it! Okay, maybe not quite. While February 2nd is technically Le Jour des Crêpes (The Day of the Crepes), it is actually in celebration of the Catholic feast of Candlemas. We can’t think of a better way to celebrate than a feast of crepes! You don’t have to travel to France to do as the French do, enjoy it right at home! C’est magnifique!
Can this be made without eggs?
Eggs are a crucial component to any crepe recipe for its structure and shape. If you must substitute the eggs in crepes, the standard egg replacement of applesauce or a mashed banana will simply not do. A commercial liquid egg replacer is the only possible substitute for crepes.
Dessert Crepe Fillings
There are so many amazingly sweet fillings to turn this basic recipe into a heavenly dessert. You can use any of the below fillings, mix and match, or come up with your own. The possibilities are endless!
- Nutella, pastry cream, peanut butter, jam, caramel, and chocolate all make great spreads.
- Use fresh berries and dust with powdered sugar.
- Fill with banana slices and whipped cream, then drizzle with caramel.
- Other popular toppings/fillings include chocolate mousse and whipped cream.
Savory Crepe Fillings:
The possibilities are endless for savory crepes too! Any combination of your favorite meat with cheese can work in a crepe, but don’t be afraid to experiment and be bold! Popular options include:
- Chicken and Spinach, or chicken with other veggies like asparagus or broccoli.
- Steak and Mushroom, with cheese as an addition
- Herb and Cheese, with veggies added in.
- Breakfast style with fillings like scrambled eggs, shredded cheese, and/or avocado.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other decadent breakfast recipes:
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Breakfast Casserole
- Slow Cooker White Chocolate French Toast Casserole
- Best Homemade Orange Rolls
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Ever
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easiest Crepe Recipe
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 5 tablespoons butter for cooking
- In a large bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add in eggs and whisk to combine.
- Slowly pour in milk, whisking until you have a smooth, pourable batter.
- Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Let 1/2 tablespoon of butter melt in the pan.
- Pour a little of the crepe batter in the pan and swirl it around to cover the bottom of the pan. Let cook about 1 minute, until surface loses its shine. Flip carefully.
- Repeat until all batter has been used, melting another 1/2 tablespoon of butter for each. This recipe makes about 5 large 10-inch crepes, or 10 small crepes.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!