This Carrot Soup is so full of flavor it may very well become your new favorite soup! Who knew carrot soup could be THIS GOOD!?!
This recipe was inspired by a recipe from Top Chef Season 5, Episode 9 where contestant Chef Jamie Lauren made a carrot soup that blew the judges away! The judges were wowed by a carrot soup and surprised even themselves when they said it was the best soup they had ever had. I knew I needed to have that soup. The soup that she made was a bit more complex with a red pepper oil and cucumber raita. This recipe is for just the soup base which is a stand out all by itself.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other vegetable soup recipes:
What if I don’t have shallots?
This recipe calls for shallots in addition to a regular white onion. Shallots are a smaller member of the onion family that have a sweeter and more mild taste. If you don’t have access to shallots, or simply don’t want to buy them, you can always leave them out, but they really do add a wonderful bit of flavor. You could always try using a sweet onion instead of the white onion as another option.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Deliciously Creamy Carrot Soup
- 8 carrots peeled and chopped
- 2 shallots sliced
- 1 white onion diced
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 8 cloves garlic sliced
- 2 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Add in the shallots and onions and saute for about 5 minutes. Season with a little salt. Add in the garlic and Thai red curry paste and saute for just another minute or two to allow the flavors to be released.
- Add in the carrots and vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the carrots are soft, about 20 minutes.
- Use a hand blender to puree the soup, or puree in batches in a food processor or blender. After the soup has been pureed, return to a low heat and add in the heavy cream. Taste and add salt if necessary. Hold soup warm to serve.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!