Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are the perfect easy appetizer to serve at your next party. They are simple to make, but impressive enough to serve guests.
Can stuffed mushrooms be made ahead of time?
Yes, they can! Whip them up and then just pop them into the refrigerator for up to 24 hours. This makes these the perfect appetizer for your next party as you can make them the day before and spend the day of the party getting your house ready. Pop them in the oven just before you are ready to serve.
How long do you cook stuffed mushrooms?
Depending on what you stuff the mushrooms with and what temperature you cook them at the time will vary. Because these mushrooms are stuffed with delicious crab meat they will need 15 minutes of cook time in a 375 degree Fahrenheit oven.
My Other Recipes
Can I use imitation crab meat?
There are generally two kinds of fresh crab sold: lump crab meat, and lump claw meat. Lump claw meat tends to be far less expensive and still creates a tasty crab cake. It can be sold in a refrigerated can or in plastic bag packaging. You can also buy it at the seafood counter of your grocery store. Lump crab meat is also sold in the canned section of your grocery store near the tuna, but it is not considered fresh. It is not recommended for this recipe. Imitation crab can also be used in this recipe if you are trying to save money. But nothing beats real, fresh crab. Imitation crab meat is usually made out of cheap pollock fish with a wide list of fillers in it as well. That being said it does come down to personal taste so if you really love imitation crab, or just don’t want to break the bank, go ahead and try this recipe with it.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Easy Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 24 large mushrooms
- 12 ounces lump crab meat
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup melted salted butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoon chopped parsley optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Remove stems from mushrooms and place the caps into a lightly greased 9x13 pan.
- Place lump crab meat into a large mixing bowl. Pour lemon juice over the top. Add in panko bread crumbs and stir together. Pour melted butter over mixture and add in parmesan cheese, dijon mustard, horseradish, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Scoop spoonfuls of crab mixture and place into the mushroom caps to fill all of them.
- Bake in the preheated 375 degree oven for 15-20 minutes, or until mushrooms are tender. Remove from oven and serve while hot. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!