Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Tacos are full of flavor and come together in just 15 minutes! You’ll love these easy shrimp taco recipe!
How can I control the spice level/heat in this recipe?
Some like it hot, and others don’t. It is easy to adjust this recipe to your own personal taste preferences. For those who enjoy heat, this recipe (as written) is a good medium heat. To decrease the spice level, either reduce or omit the red pepper flakes from the cilantro-lime sauce, and reduce or omit the serrano pepper. To increase the spice level, use a spicier pepper, or double the amount of serrano and red pepper flakes.
Can you use pre-cooked shrimp?
Yes you can! Pre-cooked shrimp is available at most grocery store seafood counters and is really quite convenient. Skip the steps that involve cooking the shrimp and simply toss your pre-cooked shrimp with a little bit of the sauce for flavor. This will produce a cold shrimp taco. If you want it warm, heat gently in a saucepan briefly, just until warm.
How much juice is in 1 lime?
Limes vary in size and juiciness. On average, one lime yields about 2 tablespoons of lime juice. When picking out your limes, give them a gentle squeeze. The firmer they are, the less juice they have in them. Before juicing, roll them on the countertop with your palm to make it easier to release the juice from the fruit.
What is a good side dish for shrimp tacos?
- Authentic Mexican Rice
- Cilantro Lime Rice Pilaf
- Mexican Street Corn
- Restaurant Style Mexican Black Beans
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Spicy Cilantro-Lime Shrimp Tacos
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 Serrano pepper finely diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 pounds peeled shrimp tails removed
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- Corn or flour tortillas for serving
- Lime wedges
- 1/4 cup crumbled queso fresco
- In a small bowl, make the sauce by whisking together cilantro, olive oil, lime juice, serrano pepper, salt and red pepper flakes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Toss shrimp with 2 tablespoons sauce and paprika. Cook in the skillet until shrimp is pink and cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Coat with 2 more tablespoons sauce once cooked.
- Make the slaw by combining the remaining sauce with cabbage, more cilantro, and sour cream. Toss until combined.
- Serve by spooning shrimp onto tortillas and topping with slaw. Garnish with queso fresco and serve with lime wedges.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!