Chocolate Marshmallow Chubbies are a cross between a brownie and a cookie and are full of ooey gooey chocolate marshmallow deliciousness!
The inspiration for this recipe actually came from one of my favorite TV shows…..The Goldbergs. It’s about a family set in 1980 something and it’s hilarious. In one of the last episodes of this past season they mentioned Chocolate Marshmallow Chubbies as being their family’s favorite cookie. Of course, I immediately went online only to not find a recipe! I knew I had to set out to create my own.
MY OTHER RECIPES
It took quite a few rounds of testing to get this cookie just right. It’s like a cookie, but with the texture of a fudgey brownie, with bits of melted chocolate and marshmallow mixed throughout. It’s absolutely heavenly!
For a taller cookie, you’ll want to cool off the dough and let the butter in it harden up before baking. You can bake them immediately, but they will spread out and be a thinner cookie. For best results, take the time to chill the cookie before baking.
I also did one other thing I bit different than most cookie recipe. I froze my marshmallows! This kept them from spreading and melting in the cookie too much. I pulled them out of the freezer just before placing into my dough. If you choose to freeze your marshmallows like I did, spread them out on a small tray or plate rather than freezing them all in a clump.
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe in my very own cooking show. You can check out the rest of my cooking show episodes over on my YouTube Channel. There are already hundreds of episodes waiting to be binge watched. If you like what you see, be sure to subscribe!
Chocolate Marshmallow Chubbies
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups frozen mini marshmallows or marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Beat in cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a spoon or rubber spatula to stir in flour until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Scoop out about two tablespoons of the cookie dough and roll into a ball and place on prepared pans. Repeat with remaining dough until you have 24 cookies. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.