Chocolate Marshmallow Chubbies are a cross between a brownie and a cookie and are full of ooey gooey chocolate marshmallow deliciousness!
The inspiration for this recipe actually came from one of my favorite TV shows…..The Goldbergs. It’s about a family set in 1980 something and it’s hilarious. In one of the episodes, they mentioned Chocolate Marshmallow Chubbies as being their family’s favorite cookie. Of course, I immediately went online only to not find a recipe! I knew I had to set out to create my own. It took quite a few rounds of testing to get this cookie just right. It’s like a cookie, but with the texture of a fudgey brownie, with bits of melted chocolate and marshmallow mixed throughout. It’s absolutely heavenly!
How do I make my cookies thick and tall?
For a taller cookie, you’ll want to cool off the dough and let the butter in it harden up before baking. You can bake them immediately, but they will spread out and be a thinner cookie. For best results, take the time to chill the cookie before baking.
How can I keep my marshmallows from spreading too much in the cookie?
You can freeze your marshmallows! This will keep them from spreading and melting in the cookie too much. Pull them out of the freezer just before placing into the dough. If you choose to freeze your marshmallows, spread them out on a small tray or plate rather than freezing them all in a clump.
If you liked these cookies you may also like some of my other delicious cookie recipes:
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Chocolate Marshmallow Chubbies
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 2 cups frozen mini marshmallows or marshmallow bits
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar using a stand mixer or hand mixer.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined.
- Beat in cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Use a spoon or rubber spatula to stir in flour until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows.
- Scoop out about two tablespoons of the cookie dough and roll into a ball and place on prepared pans. Repeat with remaining dough until you have 24 cookies. Place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.