Bacon Broccoli Salad is loaded with toppings and the most amazing homemade mayo and greek yogurt sauce. It is the perfect side dish to bring to any party or backyard barbecue!
Do you ever get in a side dish rut? Sometimes it feels like we make the same 3 sides for every pot luck, holiday dinner, and family party, and we just need a break! Enter: broccoli salad. Don’t be fooled by all of the green in this recipe, it is actually completely delicious and will be gobbled up quickly. With all of that bacon and cheese, even the kids like it! Trust us and bring this to your next big get together, and everyone will be asking for the recipe!
Add Ins and Substitutions:
All of the add in’s in this recipe are completely optional. If you don’t like raisins, leave them out! Or better yet, substitute with craisins. If you love the bacon and cheese, add more of it! You should make this according to your own personal taste preferences, so feel free to make it your own!
Want a little secret to make this dish even better? Swap out the plain greek yogurt for Honey Vanilla greek yogurt. You can thank us later.
You can use store-bought crumbled bacon, pan-fry your own bacon, or you can bake bacon in the oven!
Make-Ahead Instructions for Bacon Broccoli Salad:
This dish can be made and stored in the fridge up to 24 hours ahead of serving.
Watch the video below where Caytlin will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Bacon Broccoli Salad
- 6 cups fresh broccoli crowns
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (about 6 slices)
- 1/2 cup diced cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion (about half a small onion)
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins golden or purple
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli, bacon, cheddar, onion, sunflower seeds and raisins and toss to combine.
- In a separate bowl, make the sauce. Combine mayonnaise, Greek yogurt, honey and apple cider vinegar together. Whisk or stir ingredients until blended and smooth.
- Pour the sauce mixture over top of the broccoli salad and stir until all ingredients get coated.
- May serve right away but it is even better if it sits (refrigerated) for 2 hours.