Healthy Air Fryer Salmon is a quick and easy salmon recipe, perfect for those busy weeknights. Ready in under 15 minutes, this flavorful and moist salmon is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
If you’re anything like us, you may not immediately consider the air fryer as the best method to cook fish. We traditionally have loved grilling and baking salmon, but never even thought about trying out the air fryer. We are so glad we eventually did, because this really is the easiest and most delicious salmon recipe. Pair it with your favorite veggie, mashed potatoes, or even some French bread for a complete meal that everyone will love! Don’t believe us? Just wait until you try it. You’re going to love it!
Skin vs. Skinless:
You really can use either salmon with the skin on or already removed. It is a matter of personal preference and entirely up to you.
Can I use frozen salmon filets?
Yes, you absolutely can! Simply add a couple of minutes onto the cooking time to ensure it is cooked thoroughly, and as always, check the internal temperature with an instant read thermometer.
Salmon Filet Tip:
To ensure your salmon are all ready at the same time and evenly cooked, you want to make sure your fillets are all the same size.
Air Fryer Tip:
Make sure to not overcrowd the air fryer basket. You need a bit of airflow around all of your filets to ensure a slightly crisp exterior. Bonus: it will also make your filets cook faster!
How do I know when it’s finished cooking?
Salmon needs to be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit. It should flake easily with a fork when ready. Use an instant read thermometer for 100% accuracy.
Serving Suggestions for Healthy Air Fryer Salmon:
We love to serve this with our favorite roasted veggies on the side, some mashed potatoes, and especially homemade bread! Serve this up with your favorite quick and easy side dishes.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Air fryer salmon is best eaten fresh. You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious salmon recipes:
- Healthy Baked Chili Lime Salmon
- Simple Grilled Salmon
- Healthy Lemon Garlic Salmon
- The Best Salmon Marinade
Watch the video below where Caytlin will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Healthy Air Fryer Salmon
- 4 salmon filets
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- Lemon slices for serving
- In a shallow dish combine the lemon juice, olive oil, soy sauce, and minced garlic. Place salmon filets in the dish and flip them over, ensuring both sides are coated.
- Next, sprinkle filets with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spritz a little oil onto the cooking surface of the air fryer and place filets in the air fryer and cook for 8-10 minutes, depending on their thickness. Remove from air fryer.
- Sprinkle fresh dill on top of salmon and serve immediately. Garnish with lemon slices if desired.