Ravioli Lasagna gives you all of your favorite lasagna flavors, but requires only a fraction of the time to make! This recipe is busy family friendly, and it is about to be your newest favorite meal!
We absolutely love lasagna. It is so savory and the perfect comfort food with all of that ooey-gooey cheese. However, some days we just don’t plan ahead and can’t make the time for a classic lasagna. Ravioli lasagna is just as satisfying and a huge time saver for busy families! So, bust out your favorite frozen ravioli, because this is a total family favorite meal.
What type of ravioli should I use in ravioli lasagna?
We love to keep this classic with cheese ravioli, but you can use any ravioli that you like: beef, spinach and cheese, the possibilities are endless! We use frozen ravioli over fresh packed because they are far less expensive, but both will work in this recipe.
You can always stay classic with ground beef, or a mixture of ground beef and sausage. If you are looking for a lighter version, ground turkey and ground chicken are acceptable options as well.
Can I use store bought spaghetti sauce or marinara?
We honestly never use store bought, now that we make our own spaghetti sauce at home! We absolutely love the flavor, and always have extra jars on hand. You can always substitute with your favorite store-bought marina sauce though. If you decide to do this, simply skip adding in all of the individual ingredients in step 2 where you make a spaghetti sauce from scratch, and just pour in your jar of store-bought spaghetti sauce.
Make Ahead and Freezer Instructions:
Prepare and assemble your ravioli lasagna as directed. Then, cover and refrigerate for up to 48 hours before baking.
To freeze, cover your assembled ravioli lasagna in multiple layers of plastic wrap and a final layer of foil and place in your freezer. When ready to bake, allow to thaw in the fridge overnight. Cooking time will vary, but anticipate a longer cooking time than initially called for.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat individual servings in the microwave in 30 second increments until warmed through, typically 90 seconds-2 minutes total. To reheat a large amount at once, use an oven preheated to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and heat until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious casserole recipes:
Easy Ravioli Lasagna
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 large white onion , minced
- 12 ounces canned tomato paste
- 5 cloves minced garlic
- 28 ounce canned crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounces canned tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 60 ounces frozen cheese ravioli
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese divided
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add in ground beef and onion and cook until beef is cooked through and onions are soft, about 7 to 10 minutes. Drain any excess liquids.
- Add in garlic and tomato paste and toast 2 minutes. Add in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, oregano, salt, pepper, and basil. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low, and continue simmering 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of the meat sauce into the bottom of your 9×13 pan and spread it out to lightly cover. Add in 1/3 of the ravioli. Spoon on 1/3 of remaining meat sauce, top with 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese. Continue with this pattern to create 3 complete layers.
- Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil. Bake in the 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes, until cheese is bubbling and starting to brown. Remove foil during the last 10 minutes of baking.