A soft and moist peanut butter muffin with swirls of Nutella. Peanut Butter Nutella Muffins are what muffin heaven looks like!
Oh yeah. You know you are drooling. Peanut butter muffins with Nutella swirled throughout. It is like heaven in your mouth. Can this seriously be a breakfast? They are so incredibly good straight from the oven. Make them when you have a few people home, preferably a number divisible by 12 so there isn’t any fighting, and watch them disappear. It’s like magic.
Cooking Lesson: It can be a pain to measure sticky ingredients like peanut butter. A handy trick is to first spray the measuring cup with nonstick spray, that way your sticky ingredient is less likely so stick and will slide out much easier.
Nut Options:We know peanut allergies are common. If you are looking for a non-peanut substitute, just replace with your favorite nut or seed butter.
Buttermilk Substitute:No buttermilk? No problem! Make your own buttermilk substitute by adding 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice to 1 cup of milk. You can half or double this recipe as needed and use it in any recipe buttermilk is called for! For this recipe you’ll want to use 3/4 of a tablespoon of vinegar or lemon juice for your 3/4 cup of milk.
Can peanut butter Nutella muffins be made dairy free?Absolutely! You can make your own buttermilk substitute with soy or almond milk, and replace the greek yogurt with your preferred full fat plain plant based yogurt.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious muffin recipes:
- Mom’s Easy Banana Muffins
- Best Blueberry Muffins Ever
- Mom’s Easy Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Sour Cream Coffee Cake Muffins
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Peanut Butter Nutella Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 spoonfuls Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, or put in muffin liners.
- Combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Stir.
- Add in yogurt, buttermilk, eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla. Stir until everything is mixed in.
- Divide thick batter among the 12 muffin spots. They’ll be about 2/3 full.
- Place 1 tablespoon of Nutella on top of each. Use a toothpick to swirl the Nutella around. Make sure you do it all the way to the bottom so there is Nutella throughout.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 18-20 minutes.