Nutella Stuffed Churro Cookies combine your favorite cinnamon and sugar churro flavor with Nutella! Buttery, soft cookies are stuffed with gooey, melty Nutella and they are so good!
Churros bring up all of the best memories: county fairs, amusement parks, theme parks, and Friday nights wandering around Costco. Fried pastry dough coated in cinnamon sugar just can’t be beat! We want you to be able to enjoy churros anytime! The thing is, not everyone loves frying as much as we do. Enter: churro cookies.
Churro Cookies are soft, buttery, and covered in that cinnamon sugar coating we’ve all grown to know and love, no frying required. We know, we could have stopped there, churro cookies are delicious in and of themselves, but why would we? We kicked it up a notch and stuffed our churro cookies with Nutella. You’re going to love it!
If you would like to use chocolate instead of Nutella, we found that individually wrapped Dove chocolates are the perfect size to stuff inside a cookie! Simply unwrap the chocolate, place in the center of your dough disc, and wrap your dough around the chocolate just as we did with the Nutella.
We are sorry to report that caramel really doesn’t work to stuff in these churro cookies. You can’t really taste the caramel, other than the added sugariness.
If you are making chocolate stuffed churro cookies for a special occasion, you will want to plan your timing well. This recipe requires freezing drops of Nutella for 30 minutes, as well as refrigerating your prepared dough wrapped around the Nutella for another 30 minutes. To save time, you can always freeze your Nutella the night before you need it. After the 30 minutes of freezing, just take all of your frozen Nutella drops and place them in an airtight bag and back into the freezer until you’re ready to use them.
Can I make these without a mixer?
You will definitely want to use either a hand mixer or a stand mixer to cream together the butter, sugar and cream cheese.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious churro inspired recipes:
Nutella Stuffed Churro Cookies
- 1 cup nutella
- 1 cup salted butter , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese , softened
- 1 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup optional
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Drop 24 heaping teaspoon size mounds of nutella onto the prepared pan. Freeze until solid, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream the butter, sugar, and cream cheese until light and fluffy using the whisk attachment. Mix in the vanilla and egg, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl so that everything gets mixed in.
- Switch your mixer attachment to a paddle or dough hook. Mix in flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda until everything is mixed in. Add in corn syrup, if using, to keep the cookies chewy and soft. Mix until completely combined.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon for rolling.
- Take two tablespoons of dough and use your hands to flatten. Place a frozen piece of nutella into the middle and wrap the dough around the nutella to form a ball. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat. Place on the prepared cookie sheets, twelve cookies per pan. This recipe makes 24 cookies.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes before baking.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and let the cookies cool on the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cooled store in an airtight container.