“Garlic Bread” Roasted Potatoes have all the flavors of garlic bread you love, in an easy roasted potato dish. Easy and delicious!
Whenever we make garlic bread for guests, they simply can’t stop raving about it. Ultimate Garlic Bread Recipe, anyone? It is always gobbled up, no matter who we make it for! Some people even refer to it as “crack” bread. So, we took all of our favorite flavors in garlic bread to create these amazing garlic bread roasted potatoes. You are seriously going to love them!
Now, we actually don’t eat potatoes very often in our house. Our family lives in Idaho (land of the potato) so it seems a bit ironic that we don’t eat them very often. The kids are often hesitant to eat them so we came up with this recipe because we knew it would be something they’d love. When it tastes just like garlic bread, who could resist?
Potato Options for Garlic Bread Roasted Potatoes:
We love nothing more than Yukon Gold potatoes in this recipe. We have used red potatoes as well, and they do work rather well, but Yukon Golds remain our favorite.
Can I substitute with margarine?
Margarine is simply not a good substitute for butter, especially when baking. We recommend you stick to the recipe and use real butter.
Can I use garlic powder instead of fresh garlic?
We’ve done it in a pinch, but it just does not taste anywhere near as good as fresh garlic. You can always give it a try yourself, but we think you will find that their is simply not enough garlic flavor to it.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
“Garlic Bread” Roasted Potatoes
- 8 medium-sized potatoes yukon gold and red work well
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Scrub the potatoes clean and cut them into bite-sized chunks.
- Spread the potatoes out on a baking sheet. Drizzle them with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare a garlic butter compound by combining the butter, garlic cloves, basil, and oregano in a food processor until everything is pureed and a bit whipped.
- After 30 minutes of roasting, remove the potatoes from the oven and top with the butter compound. Stir so that they all get coated. Put them back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
- Check on them and if they are done, top them with the parmesan cheese and put them back in the oven for another 5 minutes to let the cheese melt a bit. Your actual cooking time will depend on your potato variety and how big of pieces you cut them into. Serve hot.