Cheddar Stuffed Sriracha Pretzel Bites are one of the best appetizers ever. It’s hard to beat gooey melted cheddar inside a soft and chewy sriracha-flavored pretzel.
Seriously, can you really beat gooey melted cheddar inside a soft and chewy sriracha-flavored pretzel? We think not! This is one of our favorite appetizers ever! This is the kind of recipe that you fall in love with instantly and want to immediately share with all of your spicy-loving friends and family. You get the chewy pretzel bread, the gooey cheese inside, and the spicy sriracha in the dough itself as well as coating the outside. Win, win, win! This is the perfect party food.
Worried they are too hard to make? Forget about it. These babies are super simple to make! The dough requires just a few ingredients and just needs to rest while you get everything else ready. Then, you stuff a cube of cheddar cheese inside and roll it into a ball. The dough is boiled in baking soda water for sixty seconds to give it that soft pretzel texture. Do not skip the boiling step. It’s really important in pretzel making to get the right texture. Then it’s off to bake!
Bread Machine Instructions:Don’t have a stand mixer, or just prefer the ease of your bread machine? We get it. To make the pretzel dough in a bread machine, simply add the water, yeast, brown sugar, 2 Tablespoons sriracha, and flour to your bread machine and select the dough setting. Once the dough cycle is done, remove your dough and cut into walnut sized pieces before adding your cheese and moving on with the recipe.
Can Cheddar Stuffed Sriracha Pretzel Bites Be Made Dairy Free?Yes! Simply replace the cheddar cheese with your preferred dairy-free cheese. Not all plant-based cheeses are made equally, so it is best to use a brand known for its melting capabilities.
Storage and Reheating Instructions:These are best eaten same day, but can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. Alternatively, you can freeze leftovers for up to 3 months. When ready to consume, pull out of the freezer and bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 5-8 minutes, until warmed through.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious pretzel recipes:
- The Best Homemade Soft Pretzels
- French Toast and Bacon Soft Pretzels
- Homemade Pretzel Rolls
- Peanut Butter Fudge Pie with Pretzel Crust
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Cheddar Stuffed Sriracha Pretzel Bites
- 1 3/4 cups water luke-warm
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons sriracha sauce divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons baking soda
- 3 oz cheddar cheese 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the water, yeast, brown sugar, 2 tablespoons sriracha sauce, and flour. Using a dough hook, mix on low until the flour begins to combine. Increase the speed to medium and knead until a dough ball forms.
- Let rise in a lightly greased bowl for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray with nonstick cooking spray. Fill a medium-size saucepan with water and stir in baking soda. Bring to a boil.
- Pull off walnut-sized pieces of dough. Press a cheddar cheese cube into the center and pinch dough to seal the cheese inside, forming a ball. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Working in batches, put dough balls into boiling water for 1 minute. Remove and place directly onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 500 degrees for about 5 minutes, until dark brown.
- Mix together melted butter and remaining 2 tablespoons of sriracha. Brush over hot pretzel bites.
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on January 15, 2016