Discover the perfect balance of flavors with BLT pasta salad. This dish combines the classic taste of a BLT sandwich with the heartiness of pasta for a delicious and satisfying meal.
Discover the exceptional taste and satisfaction of BLT pasta salad, a delightful fusion of the classic BLT sandwich and a creamy pasta salad. This versatile dish is perfect for a variety of occasions, from summer potlucks and picnics to quick weeknight dinners. Its fresh and vibrant ingredients, including crispy bacon, juicy tomatoes, and crunchy lettuce, create a symphony of flavors and textures that will delight your taste buds. The homemade ranch dressing adds a rich, tangy element, elevating the dish to new heights. Give this easy-to-make, crowd-pleasing recipe a try, and experience a fresh twist on the beloved BLT that will leave you craving more.
The History of the BLT
The BLT pasta salad takes inspiration from the iconic BLT (bacon, lettuce, and tomato) sandwich, which has its roots in American cuisine. The origins of the BLT can be traced back to the late 19th century, with the sandwich becoming more popular in the early 20th century as the ingredients became more readily available. The BLT’s simplicity, combined with its perfect balance of flavors, has made it a staple in American households for generations.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use precooked bacon in this recipe. Just make sure it is crispy and crumbly.
Yes, it is important to let the pasta salad chill for at least an hour to allow the noodles to absorb the dressing.
If you prefer a thicker dressing, simply reduce the milk to 1/2 cup.
Dairy Free Instructions
If you need to make this recipe dairy-free, you can substitute the cheddar cheese with a plant-based cheese alternative and use a dairy-free milk, such as oat or soy milk, in the ranch dressing.
Tips for Success
- Make sure to rinse the cooked pasta with cold water to stop the cooking process and cool it down.
- Give the pasta salad enough time to chill in the refrigerator, allowing the flavors to meld and the noodles to absorb the dressing.
- Adjust the consistency of the dressing to your preference by increasing or decreasing the amount of milk used.
BLT pasta salad pairs well with grilled meats, like chicken or steak, and makes a great side dish for summer barbecues. It can also be served as a main course for a light and refreshing lunch or dinner.
Store any leftover pasta salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Because the noodles will soak up the sauce, you may need to add a bit more dressing before serving.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious pasta salad recipes:
Watch the video below where Caytlin will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
BLT Pasta Salad
For the pasta:
- 1 pound bowtie pasta
- 8 ounces cherry tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese cubed
- 2 cups romaine lettuce roughly chopped
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 pound bacon cooked and crumbled
For the ranch dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk use 1/2 cup for a thicker consistency
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook bacon until crispy. Drain off grease and crumble.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water until pasta is cooled.
- While the pasta is cooking, halve the tomatoes, cube the cheese, chop the lettuce, and dice the onion.
- In a blender, prepare the dressing by combining the mayonnaise, milk, garlic powder, parsley, chives, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the pasta and dressing together until the pasta is evenly coated with the sauce. Add the tomatoes, cheese cubes, lettuce, red onion, and crumbled bacon. Stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.