Raspberries are one of my favorite summer treats. My bushes are full! Combine raspberries with baby back ribs and you’ve got yourself a killer summer meal. A homemade raspberry-chipotle sauce is brushed on meaty, tender baby back ribs. It’s all cooked up in the slow cooker so it couldn’t be easier. I’ve written about the secret to crockpot ribs before, and include my secret in this recipe. Seriously, these ribs will fall off the stinkin bone which will allow you to shove them in your gluttonous face even faster. You’re welcome. It’s time to enjoy yourself a little before all this summer goodness goes away!
Slow Cooker Raspberry Chipotle Baby Back Ribs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 cups raspberries
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves loosely packed
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 cup brown sugar tightly packed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 racks pork loin baby back ribs
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add in sweet onion and saute for about 5 minutes. Add in garlic and saute for another 60 seconds. Stir in raspberries, basil, chipotle chiles, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, and pepper. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Transfer sauce to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Divide sauce in half and set aside one half in the refrigerator to be used at serving time.
- Cut rib racks in half. Layer ribs in a crockpot, pouring a little of the remaining sauce over each layer.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Before serving, lay the racks on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet. Brush generously with reserved sauce. Broil under a broiler until sauce begins to bubble and caramelize. Serve hot.
About The Stay At Home Chef
We share restaurant-quality recipes you can easily make at home. Our team of chefs and creatives is bringing back the family dinner in a really delicious way!