Easy Oreo Truffles are absolutely heavenly, while also ridiculously easy to make. They are the perfect dessert to bring to a party, or simply keep in your freezer to snack on any time you want! You’re going to love them!
This recipe combines two of our favorite desserts: Oreos and truffles. The combination is heavenly. Truffles seem just so fancy, we never really considered making them from scratch. When we discovered just how quick and easy they were to make, we got busy in the kitchen and haven’t turned back since. We must warn you, they are addictingly good. While this recipe makes 30 truffles, and that might seem like a lot, it is simply not enough. It is certainly not enough to share! We like to keep batches of this in the freezer so we can sneak one at any given time. While they are certainly a holiday favorite treat, these are too good to reserve for the holidays alone. Whether it is the middle of winter or 100 degrees in the summer, once you taste them the cravings won’t stop!
Cream Cheese Substitute in Easy Oreo Truffles:
If you don’t want to use cream cheese, you can always substitute with 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk.
Chocolate Dipping Tip:
Dipping the balls into melted chocolate can get super messy. To save your fingers, use a fork or a toothpick carefully inserted into the Oreo ball to dip them.
There are a few different ways you can melt your chocolate. We love how quick and easy it is to melt in the microwave, but you can also use a double boiler method or a small crock pot to melt.
This recipe is really fun to make with all of the many different Oreo flavors! Get creative and try them all!
Unfortunately, we cannot recommend the Double or Mega Stuf Oreos. The consistency will change too much and will not work in this recipe.
Decorating these truffles is our absolute favorite! Keep it easy with sprinkles, or even drizzle some melted white chocolate over the top.
Oreo truffles freeze beautifully. Store your chilled and hardened truffles in a freezer-safe ziploc bag for up to 2 months.
Make sure to store your Oreo truffles in an airtight container in the refrigerator, and keep them refrigerated until ready to serve. Left at room temperature too long, they will start to crack and soften too much. They will last in the fridge for up to 1 week.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious bite-sized dessert recipes:
No-Bake Oreo Truffles
- 14 ounces oreo cookies (1 regular size package, about 36 cookies)
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 16 ounces chocolate chips
- sprinkles optional
- Crush up Oreo cookies (filling and all) in a food processor, blender, or a ziploc bag. They need to be finely crushed.
- Add softened cream cheese to the crushed Oreos and mix until all is well combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1 1/2 – 2" balls and place on a parchment lined sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until balls are firm.
- Microwave the chocolate in 20 second increments to melt, stirring between each time, until the chocolate is smooth and melted.
- Carefully dip truffles into the melted chocolate and place back on the parchment lined sheet. If using sprinkles, apply while the chocolate is still melted.
- Refrigerate another 15-20 minutes, or until you are ready to enjoy them!