Discover the magic of crispy, gooey, and chocolatey all in one bite with Nutella Rice Krispie treats!
There’s something undeniably comforting about the classic rice krispie treats. They remind us of childhood afternoons, and that delightful crunch and chew we so loved. Now, imagine elevating that classic experience with the rich, luscious flavor of Nutella. It’s the best of both worlds combined into one delightful treat. From kids to adults, these Nutella Rice Krispie treats are sure to become a household favorite!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use any hazelnut spread or even peanut butter for a different flavor twist.
While fresh marshmallows are best, slightly older ones can be used as long as they haven’t hardened too much.
Absolutely! Just ensure you measure by volume or weight to match the quantity needed in the recipe.
Did You Know?
Nutella got its start in Italy during WWII. Chocolate was being rationed so hazelnuts were added to bulk it up and make it stretch a little further. People liked it and the Ferrero company started selling Nutella as we know it years later.
- Nutella: Any other hazelnut spread or almond/peanut butter.
- Butter: Refined coconut oil or a plant-based butter substitute.
- Mini Marshmallows: Regular marshmallows work, but will take longer to melt.
- Dry Mixture: If your treats turn out too dry, you might have overcooked the marshmallows. Next time, try reducing the melting time.
- Too Sticky: If the mixture is overly sticky and hard to manage, consider greasing your spatula or using wet hands when pressing it into the pan.
- Not Setting Properly: Ensure you allow enough cooling time before cutting. If you’re in a rush, the fridge can expedite this process.
Tips From the Chef
- Always melt the butter on low heat to prevent it from browning.
- Continuously stir to prevent marshmallows from sticking or burning.
- For an even texture, ensure the marshmallow-Nutella mixture coats every bit of the Rice Krispie cereal.
Storage, Freezing & Reheating Instructions
Store your treats in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze them for up to a month. When you’re ready to enjoy them again, thaw at room temperature. While these treats are best enjoyed fresh, if you need to reheat, a few seconds in the microwave will do the trick. Just be cautious as over-microwaving can make them too hard.