Mickey Mouse Oreo Pops are a fun way to bring some Disneyland Magic to birthdays, school parties, and other special occasions for kids and adults alike who love all things Disney!
I lived just a few miles away from Disneyland as a child. My grandparents bought us annual passes so that we could visit The Happiest Place on Earth as much as we wanted. It was magical! When I found myself with my own children living just an hour away, I saved up my pennies to get us all annual passes. Every time I felt stressed or had a bad day, I would run off to Disneyland. It was a magical time in my life.
I always bring my own food to Disneyland. Every once in a while I’ll buy something, but it’s always so outrageously priced I just can’t afford to do it all the time. I’ve come up with some great ways to appease my childrens’ desires for the Disney magic. I make Mickey shaped soft pretzels, Mickey shaped rice krispies, and my very favorite is Mickey shaped Oreo pops.
These treats are perfect for a birthday party, gift, school treat, or just a fun afternoon project with the kids. If your kids love Mickey Mouse, then this is an easy way to get them excited. Or maybe you are an adult Mickey Mouse lover. No judgement here. I love the magical Mouse just as much as any kid.
Did I mention that these are ridiculously tasty? I didn’t know that you could make Oreos better, but apparently you can. Make sure you use Double Stuff for this recipe. Regular Oreos can’t handle this recipe.
This recipe calls for lollipop sticks. You can find them in the cake decorating section of stores like Walmart or they always have them at craft stores like Michael’s and Hobby Lobby. They are actually in the candy making section, but that’s always right next to the cake decorating section which is much bigger so it’s easier to find if you just look for the cake stuff.
When it comes to the chocolate to dip it in, you can always just melt chocolate chips in the microwave, but you can also use candy melts which often work just a bit better. I prefer to use Ghiradelli melts. It’s good chocolate man!
1. Arrange the Oreos into the Mickey Mouse shape on a tray lined with wax or parchment paper (using 2 mini oreos and 1 double stuff Oreo to form the shape). Carefully put the sticks through the double stuff filling.
2. Melt the chocolate in the microwave.
3. Drizzle some of the melted chocolate onto the connections between the “ears” and the “head.” Put it in the freezer for 10 minutes until the connection is solidified.
4. Remove one stick at a time and use a spoon to drizzle chocolate over the whole thing. A spoon or rubber spatula is perfect so you can smear it around all the edges. Don’t try dipping it directly into the chocolate or you’ll likely lose an ear.
5. Place the chocolate covered Oreo pops into the freezer to solidify. If you are actually going to bring these into Disneyland like I do, wrap each pop individually with plastic wrap and twist tie it closed. Bring them in a cooler willed with frozen water bottles as they will otherwise melt.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Great idea — easy & DELICIOUS
Oh my gosh! So cute! I love ideas like this. I'm not a big cook, but sweet treats I can do.