Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Sandwiches are made in the waffle iron for a decadent, easy-to-make dessert that the whole family will love!
Hi, I’m Jerry James Stone and I have a vegetarian and vegan blog by the same name. I met Rachel last year when we both attended YouTube’s NextUp in Los Angeles. We were the only people there with food channels. I am excited to share my point of view on food here at Rachel’s blog, like these delicious ice cream sandwiches. Those last days of summer are upon us and I have the perfect ice cream recipe for you to go out on a bang. These cinnamon roll ice cream sandwiches are easy to make and as delicious as they look. They will not disappoint.
Let’s face it, it’s hot out and probably the last thing you want to be doing is spending hours in the kitchen making homemade cinnamon rolls. Or even worse, running the oven! Poolside, or even just outside, is a much better option. This recipe takes a can of cinnamon rolls and transforms them into a sticky icing-topped treat for you, the kids, or anyone. They are that easy to make. Plus, there’s waffles so this recipe pretty much counts as breakfast, right?
Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 12.4 oz can cinnamon rolls
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Cooking oil
- Open the can of pre-made cinnamon rolls and separate each individual roll, placing them all on a piece of parchment paper.
- Lay another layer of parchment paper over the top and press down on each roll, flattening it to about half its height. By doing so, it is easier to create equally sized waffle rolls, then simply smashing them in the waffle iron.
- Warm up your waffle iron and coat the each side of the press with some cooking oil.
- Place one of the smashed cinnamon rolls in the press and cook it in the iron for about 2 minutes or until the roll is fully cooked. Don’t smash the roll further during this process. Also, if the rolls are sticking, maybe brush them with a bit of oil. Because they are “rolled” then like to unravel.
- Place all cooked rolls in the fridge for 30 minutes to fully cool them down.
- Pair the waffle rolls by size and then place a heaping scoop of vanilla ice cream onto half of them.
- Using a spoon, smash down the ice cream, spreading it throughout the waffle cinnamon roll. Top with another roll.
- Place the ice cream sandwiches in the freezer at least for 30 minutes before serving.
- Top with the icing from the package when serving.