These Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs are a fun Easter treat that are easy to make! They look just like an egg!
Looking for a fun way to celebrate Easter? These Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs are absolutely adorable!
Where do I find hollow chocolate eggs?
Hollow chocolate eggs are a really common Easter candy. They are sold almost anywhere Easter candy is sold. If you can’t find them in your local stores, they are also available on Amazon. You can use dark chocolate, milk chocolate, or white chocolate depending on personal preference and what you can find.
How do you cut off the tops?
Use a sharp knife and it should be able to slide right through the chocolate. If you are having difficulty, run the knife under hot water to warm it up and it should glide right through.
What is the best way to pipe the cheesecake filling into the eggs?
Transfer all of your cheesecake filling to a disposable piping bag, or ziploc bag. Snip off the end. Place the end of the bag into the bottom of an empty chocolate egg shell and gently squeeze, pulling up slowly as the egg fills with the cheesecake filling.
What is the best way to add in the “yolk” filling?
First, you’ll need to create a small indentation in the cheesecake filling. You can use a very small spoon to scoop out a small crater, or just use your finger to create a small indentation. You can either carefully drip the yolk filling mixture into this indentation, or use a piping bag with a small tip.
If you liked this recipe, you may also like my recipe for Easter Bread.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe, including tips and tricks along the way. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Cheesecake Filled Easter Eggs
- 12 hollow chocolate easter eggs
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons apricot jam or lemon curd
- 1 tablespoon lemon or orange juice
- Use a small sharp knife to carefully remove the tops of the chocolate eggs. Set aside while you prepare the filling.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract until smooth. Transfer to a piping bag with no tip.
- Pipe cheesecake filling into each of the eggs. Refrigerate 30 to 60 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the yolk filling by whisking together melted butter, jam, and juice until smooth. Microwave for 20 seconds to thin out if needed. Strain any chunks from the mixture and place the strained liquid into a small bowl. Refrigerate to thicken 30 to 60 minutes.
- Use a small spoon to make a small indentation into the cheesecake filled egg. Fill with yolk filling to look like an egg yolk. Return to the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!