Baklava Cinnamon Rolls have all the flavors you love from traditional baklava wrapped up in a soft and gooey cinnamon roll. You’ll love that pistachio nut filling and the lemon honey glaze.
This post is sponsored by Princess Cruises. All opinions expressed are my own.
On my recent trip aboard the Regal Princess, I got to spend a couple of days in St. Petersburg, Russia. Princess Cruises has this amazing idea called “more ashore” where you get to stay overnight in awesome destinations like St. Petersburg. Because, hello, when else do you get to go to Russia? Our time in St. Petersburg was incredible. We chose the most ultimate excursion package they offered which took us around to all of the highlights of St. Petersburg. I was blown away by how much we were able to fit in those two days!
My Other Recipes
Our first day in St. Petersburg was spent touring palaces and churches. St. Petersburg is full of the most amazing buildings. This city is such a treasure. The grand palaces are a stark contrast to the communist era buildings in the city, but the juxtaposition is so fascinating to me and helps visually tell the story of the history of this great city.
The highlight of our time in Russia has got to be the tour and dinner we had in Catherine’s Palace. We’re talking about 100 people or less in one of the most spectacular palaces in the world. We were greeted by a band, toured the palace, and then had a private concert from a string quartet in a grand ballroom. Afterwards we went to one of the wings for a four course dinner. The entire time I kept thinking, “is this really my life?” If you’ve ever dreamt of pretending you were a real life princess for a night, you HAVE to go on this trip! You can only get this experience through Princess Cruises because they are awesome like that. It was seriously a once in a lifetime experience! I can’t recommend it enough!
Our second day in Russia started off with a canal cruise. What a gorgeous way to see the city! Our cruise was followed by a visit to
These rolls are a totally different twist on cinnamon rolls. I’ve used my famous traditional cinnamon roll dough, and combined it with a traditional baklava filling. It’s topped off with a honey lemon glaze and it is just divine! Experience the amazing flavors of baklava in a whole new way! I love being inspired by recipes from around the world!
At the end of our tour around Russia I was understandably exhausted! It was so nice to be able to come back to the ship each day and be waited on hand and foot. Princess sure does know how to treat you like royalty! And let me tell you, if you do this trip….be sure to book an appointment at the spa onboard ship after your time in Russia. They really know how to pamper you!
Be sure to check out the other recipes inspired by my cruise around the Baltic Sea with Princess Cruises. So far I’ve shared Key West Cooler Mocktails which was my favorite drink aboard ship, and Norwegian Waffles inspired by our first stop in Oslo, Norway. You should check out the full itinerary for this trip and add it to your bucket list. It truly is the vacation of a lifetime! I seriously kept pinching myself wondering if the whole thing was just too good to be true! I can’t imagine a better way to see all of the highlights of Scandinavia!
Watch the video below where I walk you through every step of this recipe.
Baklava Cinnamon Rolls
Baklava Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1 tablespoon instant dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons salted butter softened
- 1 large egg
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup salted butter softened
- 1/2 pound pistachios almonds, walnuts or a combination
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 to 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine warm milk, yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and eggs. Add in flour. Using a dough hook, turn the mixer on to a low speed.
- Once the flour starts to incorporate into the dough, increase the speed to a medium range. Add more flour as necessary so that the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl. The dough mixture should be tacky, but not stick to your hands. It should be soft. Add more or less flour until the dough reaches the desired consistency. The amount of flour you add in bread making is always an approximation and you should go by feel.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly greased mixing bowl. Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet. Punch down the dough and roll into a 12inch by 18inch rectangle.
- Spread 1/2 cup of softened butter over the dough with a butter knife. In a food processor, combine the nuts, sugar, cinnamon, and cloves. Process until the nuts are coarsely ground. Sprinkle on top of the butter in an even layer. Roll up tightly lengthwise so you have one long roll. Use plain dental floss or a sharp knife to cut the dough into 12 one-inch slices.
- Place the slices onto a lightly 9x13 pan. Cover and let rise 30 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Bake the rolls for about 20 minutes, until just kissed with brown on top.
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, make the glaze by whisking together honey, powdered sugar, and lemon juice in a small mixing bowl.
- Drizzle glaze over rolls while still warm. Serve immediately or cool and store. Stays good for 4 to 5 days.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!