Baked Vanilla Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze and Sprinkles
Baked Vanilla Cake Donuts with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a mini-donut pan.
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in egg, milk, and melted butter until combined.
- Transfer batter into a pastry bag fitted with a large circular tip. Pipe dough into donut molds, filling about 1/2 or 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the glaze by stirring together powdered sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl. Add in water and stir until combined. Spread several tablespoons of sprinkles out on a small plate.
- Remove from oven and remove donuts from pan. Dip the tops of the donut into the glaze and then into the sprinkles. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
You may also like:
|Homemade Mexican Churros with Video Recipe|
|Quick and Easy Nutella Mousse|
My Other Recipes
|Baked Chocolate Donuts with Mint Chocolate Frosting|
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on July 18, 2014.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!