Pecan Sandies are a delicious Christmas treat that are a must make for any holiday cookie platter. I love the nutty crunch. The powdered sugar makes them all festive too with a kiss of “snow.” In fact, my daughter got all excited thinking it had somehow snowed in the house right on the cookies. This is their first winter involving snow so everything snow-like is very exciting. Go nuts and make yourself some delicious pecan sandies!
Prep Time: <10 minutes
Bake Time: 18-20 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: About 36 cookies
1 cup butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp water
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped pecans
3 TB powdered sugar
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in water and vanilla.
2. Stir in flour and pecans until well combined. Cover dough and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
4. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place at least 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake in the preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes until golden. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Roll the cookies in the powdered sugar and then cool completely on a wire cooling rack.
6. Cool and store in an airtight container.