I love easy desserts.
1. Melt 1 bag chocolate chips in the microwave (15 seconds, stir, repeat until melted smooth).
2. Spread chocolate in bottom of a 9×9 pan. Let harden.
3. Mix together 1 1/2 cups peanut butter with 1/2 cup powdered sugar. Spread over hardened chocolate.
4. Melt 1 more bag of chocolate chips.
5. Spread on top of peanut butter layer. Let harden.
I’d like to say these last a few days sitting on the counter, but let’s face it, they don’t. They get consumed well before they ever have a chance to go bad.
This picture and recipe has been viewed by hundreds of thousands of people. Crazy, huh? While most of the people that make it have no problems and enjoy this decadent dessert, here a few troubleshooting tips:
1. Peanut Butter Problems: Depending on the brand of peanut butter you use it may require more powdered sugar than listed. Add enough powdered sugar to get a thick consistency that will hold a shape.
2. Chocolate Problems: Cheap chocolate produces terrible results. Some of those store brands of chocolate chips are actually chocolate flavored chips. Big difference. I personally use Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate. I have found that they melt and harden in a variety of uses. Do not refrigerate these to harden them. I did that one time and then they were too hard to cut. What you see in the picture didn’t require any special cutting method.
3. Sticking Problems: This is either your pan or your chocolate. I use a glass pan with no problems. I do not line it or spray it with anything. Some metal pans will cause sticking problems, as well as cheap chocolate.
- 2 bags (4 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1½ cups peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Melt 1 bag chocolate chips in the microwave (15 seconds, stir, repeat until melted smooth).
- Spread chocolate in bottom of a non-stick 9x9 pan. Let harden.
- Use a hand mixer to mix together 1½ cups peanut butter with ½ cup powdered sugar. Spread over hardened chocolate.
- Melt 1 more bag of chocolate chips.
- Spread on top of peanut butter layer. Let harden.
If you liked this recipe, check out my new 3 ingredient dessert…Chocolate Pretzel Caramel Bars.