I bought a new wok several weeks ago and made this Thai stir fry for its new-kitchen-item-initiation. It’s kind of a big deal around here when I bring home a new kitchen gadget. Sure, it happens quite often, but it’s always a big deal to me. This recipe is vegetarian and comes together in under 15 minutes making it a great weeknight meal for busy days that need some homemade veggie power. Wait, make that vegan. Southeast Asian food is great that way. You never even notice it is vegan until later. And gluten-free! Wow, so this dish works for almost anyone. And it’s easy to make? This is a recipe to keep in your back pocket for sure.
Sign in and save recipe to your profile.Sign In
Thai Green Curry-Coconut Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups fresh snap peas
- 1 red bell pepper cut into strips
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 limes juiced1
- 6 ounces Asian rice noodles cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add in olive oil and pour in broccoli, peas, and red bell pepper. Season with salt and saute until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add in thai green curry paste, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Stir and let the spices toast a bit, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and lime juice. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in cooked rice noodles. Serve hot topped with fresh cilantro.