This easy skillet chicken dish gets elevated with the flavor of fresh tarragon. Creamy Tarragon Dijon Skillet Chicken is a 30 minute meal you will want to eat every day!
I’m a huge fan of tarragon. It has an elevated, gourmet flavor that really “wows” people. If you can’t find fresh tarragon in your local grocery store, you can always use the dried variety. It’ll still have the beautiful anise-like flavor. This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes too! Serve it up over some linguine and you have a dinner that will make your soul happy.
We’ve been enjoying this dish in our family for years. The chicken is rubbed down with dijon mustard to give a rich bite. The tarragon cream sauce takes it over the edge into truly delicious territory. Seriously guys, this is one of my favorite pasta dishes ever!
Watch the video to see just how to make this tasty pasta. It will have you wanting to jump into the kitchen in no time. While you are at it, you can check out the rest of my video library on my YouTube Channel where you’ll find more than 150 restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home.
Creamy Tarragon Dijon Skillet Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts pounded thin
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 pound mushrooms sliced
- 4 shallots diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups heavy cream or half-and-half
- 1/4 cup fresh tarragon chopped
- Brush both sides of chicken breasts with dijon mustard. Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken breasts until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees, flipping half way through. This should take about 6 to 8 minutes if using thin chicken breasts.
- Remove the cooked chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Using the same skillet, pour in the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in mushrooms and shallots. Saute for 3 to 5 minutes. Add in garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Pour in heavy cream and tarragon. Bring to a simmer and cook until the sauce has thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the sauce and let them heat through. Serve hot over cooked pasta.