Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade is a fun twist on a summertime classic. Pureed strawberries and kiwis add amazing color and flavor to this homemade lemonade. You are going to love it!
We’re kicking off summer with some delicious strawberry-kiwi lemonade. Making homemade lemonade is a cinch, and it is just so much better than anything you can buy. The same principle works for any kind of fruit lemonade you can think up. Raspberry lemonade? Just replace the strawberries and kiwis with raspberries. It’s awesome. You just need your base simple syrup (equal parts water and sugar), another equal part lemon juice, and then fruit and water. It’s super easy!
We love making a huge batch because it freezes so well, and then we can use it throughout the summer. Just pour the concentrate into a gallon freezer bag and lay flat in the freezer until solid. You can measure it out beforehand and mark it on the bag so you know how much is in there months later. I like to freeze it in varying sizes so I can have small sip-on-the-porch sizes and larger feed-a-thirsty-crowd sizes.
Check out how easy it is to make homemade lemonade!
Can I use store bought lemon juice?When making lemonade, you want to stick with only freshly squeezed lemons. Store bought juice can be great to cook or bake with in very small quantities, but when using this much lemon juice in a recipe, you really do need the real thing.
Can I use frozen fruit?Yes! If you choose to use any frozen fruit you should make sure to thaw completely before using.
How long will strawberry kiwi lemonade last in the refrigerator?Homemade lemonade can easily last 5-7 days in the refrigerator. Please ensure to not leave it on the counter and always put back in the fridge after pouring.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious summer drink recipes:
Strawberry Kiwi Lemonade
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice (about 6 large lemons)
- 1 pound strawberries hulled and halved
- 4 medium kiwis peeled and halved
- Water and Ice
- In a small saucepan, create a simple syrup by combining the sugar and water over medium-high heat. Stir until the mixture goes clear (it should only take a few minutes).
- Place prepared strawberries and kiwis into a blender. Add in lemon juice and simple syrup. Blend until smooth. At this point you have lemonade concentrate like you'd buy frozen in a store. You can freeze yours for later use.
- To serve, combine the lemonade concentrate with ice water to taste. The amount of water you use will depend on how strong you like your lemonade.