This sweet and smokey barbecue sauce is made with fresh strawberries and chipotle peppers for a spicy kick. You’ll love this homemade Strawberry Chipotle Barbecue Sauce.
Homemade barbecue sauce is easy to make and the possibilities are endless. This particular recipe utilizes my favorite spring fruit: strawberries. Use this sauce anywhere you’d normally use barbecue sauce. Brush it on some chicken and throw it on the grill, or take it up a notch and make some homemade ribs. It doesn’t get any easier than my Secret to Crockpot Ribs. However you decide to use it, get ready to lick your fingers with BBQ goodness.
Watch the video to see just how easy it is to make this homemade BBQ sauce.
Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Strawberry Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups strawberries hulled
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2/3 up brown sugar tightly packed
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add in onion and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and saute for 60 seconds.
- Stir in strawberries, chipotles, ketchup, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to puree the sauce or transfer to a blender. Puree until smooth. Return to heat and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Cool completely and store in an airtight container. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
More Strawberry Recipes
Non-Alcholic Frozen Strawberry Magaritas from Real Mom Kitchen
Strawberry Butter from Butter With A Side of Bread
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries from Like Mother Like Daughter
Slow Cooker 4-Ingredient Strawberry Rhubarb Cobbler from 365 Days of Slow Cooking
Strawberry Cheesecake Dip from Creations by Kara
White Chocolate Strawberry Brownies from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Strawberry Skillet Corn Cake from Yummy Healthy Easy
Strawberry Lemonade Bars from The Baker Upstairs
Strawberry-Kiwi Lemonade from The Stay At Home Chef
Strawberry Nectarine Fruit Roll Ups from The Stay At Home Chef
Chunky Strawberry Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl from The Stay At Home Chef
Candied Strawberries from Ashlee Marie
Strawberry Pina Colada Smoothie from Like Mother Like Daughter
Strawberry Banana Sorbet from Real Mom Kitchen
Strawberry Spinach Salad w/Strawberry Dressing from Creations by Kara
Strawberry Fondue from Butter with a Side of Bread
Fresh Strawberry Sauce from The Baker Upstairs
Berry Almond Salad with Creamy Berry Dressing from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles from Yummy Healthy Easy
Triple Berry Coulis from Ashlee Marie
Strawberry Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars from Like Mother Like Daughter
Fresh Strawberry and Lemon Mousse Trifle from Real Mom Kitchen
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp from Creations by Kara
Strawberry Crumb Bars from Butter with a Side of Bread
Strawberry Poppyseed Vinaigrette from The Baker Upstairs
Nutella Strawberry Pie from Jamie Cooks It Up!
Strawberry Walnut Bread from Yummy Healthy Easy
The BEST Strawberry Ice Cream EVER from Ashlee Marie
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!