A thick, creamy milkshake made from avocados. This Sri Lankan Avocado Shake is a decadent dessert. Drizzle it with a little chocolate sauce and you have something amazing!
We recently dined at a Sri Lankan restaurant in Provo, UT called The Banana Leaf. Everything we tasted was delicious. The restaurant is well known for its Avocado Shake and I knew it could be easily replicated at home. With a few experimental runs I think I’ve well replicated their delicious shake. It is proof that avocado can certainly be enjoyed as a dessert. It is a positively delightful green dessert. You can enjoy it thick like a milkshake, or thin it out a bit for sipping. So go ahead and make this Banana Leaf Avocado Shake and let me know how you like it!
Sri Lankan Avocado Shake
- 1 avocado pitted
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ice cubes
- Whipped cream and chocolate syrup for serving
- In a blender, combine avocado, cream, 1/4 cup milk, sugar, ground ginger, vanilla extract, and ice cubes. Blend until completely pureed.
- Add additional 1/4 milk as necessary if the shake is too thick to blend for your blender.
- Serve topped with whipped cream and a generous drizzle of chocolate syrup.