Party Chex Mix is a traditional snack that is easy to make, and the whole family will love! Chex Mix, pretzels, nuts, and crackers are tossed in a delicious, savory spice coating. It is perfect for snacking or to bring to a party!
We’ve been eating a variation of party Chex Mix for decades. It is something we grew up eating, and have now passed that on down to our children. It’s really fun and easy to make with the kids, and it makes a large enough quantity for the adults to actually get our fair share! We do have to warn you, it is a bit addicting. If you sit down to watch TV with a bowl of this on your lap, you are sure to finish off the whole thing without even noticing! Luckily for you, it’s not hard to whip up another batch the next day. There’s no such thing as too much party Chex Mix!
What is Mexican hot sauce?
There are many Mexican hot sauces to choose from, but the most common you’ll find in your local grocery store would be Tapatío or Cholula.
Mixed Nuts in Party Chex Mix:
We know that mixed nuts are not for everyone because of potential allergies. Feel free to use your favorite type of nut (or no nuts at all!) instead of the mixed nuts.
We prefer to use a combination of rice, wheat, and Corn Chex. However, you can always use just one or two of the varieties. Make sure to still use 9 cups total of whatever Chex Mix you prefer.
For a fun twist that the kids love, you can even use Cheerios!
Goldfish? Cheez-its? You choose! You can use any cheese cracker you like!
Soy Sauce Substitute:
If you do not use soy sauce in your home, you can always substitute with Tamari.
Store your party Chex Mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
If you like this recipe, you may be interested in these other delicious snack recipes:
- Most Amazing Beef Jerky
- Homemade Fruit and Vegetable Snacks
- Orange Cranberry Muffins
- Ultimate Guide to Homemade Kettle Chips
Watch the video below where Caytlin will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Party Chex Mix
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup pretzels bite sized
- 1 cup cheddar crackers
- 1 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Mexican hot sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat your oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chex cereals, nuts, pretzels, and cheddar crackers.
- Melt the butter on the stovetop or in the microwave, and add in Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, paprika, and sugar. Stir until all is well combined and all granulation has dissolved.
- Pour mixture over the cereal and carefully toss it to make sure all is evenly coated.
- Spread out onto a baking sheet evenly or use a roasting pan and bake the mix for 1 hour. Be sure to stir it every 15 minutes.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!