I was so excited about this recipe I couldn’t possibly have waited another day to share it. These donuts are insanely delicious! Take your maple bacon donut craze and add in pumpkin? It’s kind of amazing. You can make them into mini donuts are full size, whatever kind of pan you have is cool. It’s hard to only eat one of these babies. I actually considered hoarding them all for myself. Moist pumpkin cake donuts, sweet maple glaze, and topped with crisp and smokey bacon? You need to try this! It may very well make your entire Fall!
Time to Make It: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 dozen
1 cup pumpkin puree
1/4 cup buttermilk
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup brown sugar, tightly packed
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice*
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup milk
1/2 tsp maple extract
1 lb bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly grease a mini donut pan
with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large mixing bowl, stir together pumpkin puree, eggs, butter, and vanilla.
3. Add in brown sugar, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, salt, and baking soda and stir until combined.
4. Add in flour and stir until flour is complete incorporated. Transfer mixture to a piping bag.
5. Working in batches, pipe donuts into prepared donut baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes (mini donuts), or 14-15 minutes (regular donuts).
6. While the donuts are cooking, make the maple glaze by combining powdered sugar, milk, and maple extract in a small bowl. Set aside. Place cooked and crumbled bacon in another bowl and set aside.
7. When the donuts are finished baking, remove from pan and one at a time dip into maple glaze and then into bacon crumbles. Set on a cooling rack to cool.
*Pumpkin Pie Spice Substitution: 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg, 1/2 tsp ground ginger, pinch cloves
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!