“You realize you can never make scalloped potatoes any other way ever again, right?”
That’s what my husband said between mouthfuls of eating this. I have to agree. These are some killer scalloped potatoes. They don’t have a lot of heat, but they have a deep jalapeno flavor that is just so tasty. We devoured these. Devoured my friends.
Prep Time: 10 to 20 minutes
Bake Time: 90 minutes
Yield: Serves 8
6 pounds russet potatoes, peeled
2 cups heavy cream
4 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 jalapenos, minced
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 pan.
2. Slice your potatoes into thin slices (1/8 inch is awesome). The easiest way to do this is with a food processor. A mandolin comes in second place for ease, a cheese grater third, and a knife in very last place.
3. Place your potato slices in a medium-sized mixing bowl. Pour in the cream and stir in the crushed garlic, parmesan cheese, jalapeno, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Stir together until everything is coated.
4. Spread the potato slices into rough layers in the prepared 9×13 pan.
5. Cover the pan with aluminum foil and cook for 1 hour in the preheated oven.
6. Remove the aluminum foil and top with the shredded cheddar cheese. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes.