This recipe was inspired by a dish I created for my spicy Thanksgiving last year. Jalapeno Scalloped Potatoes were just so crave-ably delicious. We’ve had them many, many times since. When I’m seeking inspiration for new recipes I often ask my husband what he would like. He is usually very little help as “anything you make is good” is not the kind of statement that inspires new ideas. This time, however, he asked for a pizza with potato on it. At the mere mention of potato I immediately started salivating for those dang scalloped potatoes. Light bulb! I could totally turn that into a pizza!
This pizza has all the creaminess of a white-style pizza without it feeling heavy. The potatoes are soft and slightly crisped on the edges. The jalapenos add a wonderful flavor and spice.
1. Preheat a pizza stone in an oven to 500 degrees.
2. Place the thin potato slices into a medium-size mixing bowl. The potato slices must be ultra thin in order to cook on the pizza.
3. Pour in cream and stir in garlic, chili powder, salt, and pepper.
4. Spoon some of the cream from the potato mixture onto the pizza crust. Use just enough to wet the dough.
5. Lay the potato slices on the pizza to cover it completely, slightly overlapping to ensure full coverage.
6. Sprinkle with mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Top with jalapeno slices.
7. Transfer crust to baking stone and bake in the preheated oven until cheese begins to bubble and turn golden brown.
If you wear contacts working with Jalapenos can lead to disastrous consequences. It has happened to me way too many times. I cut jalapenos for dinner, and then go to take my contacts out before bed and my eyes are absolutely on fire! Those jalapeno oils stay on your hands, even after numerous washings. In order to get them off you need to use a soap that fights oil and grease, like Dawn dish soap. Even if you aren’t taking out contacts, any interaction with your eyes can lead to a tearful experience of pure pain! Wash with dish soap. Save your eyes!
About The Stay At Home Chef
We share restaurant-quality recipes you can easily make at home. Our team of chefs and creatives is bringing back the family dinner in a really delicious way!