Sign in and save recipe to your profile.Sign In
Easy Homemade Rosemary Focaccia
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm water and olive oil in a large mixing bowl or stand mixer. Stir in the salt, sugar, and flour and knead until it forms a nice smooth dough (which should take less than 5 minutes, even when doing it by hand instead of in a mixer). Let rise 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Dust a pizza peel or wooden cutting board with cornmeal (1 tablespoon perhaps). Shape the risen dough into a ball and flatten it out with your hands, stretching it or rolling it into a nice 8-10 inch in diameter disc. It should only be about 1/2 inch thick. Lay it out on the prepared cornmeal-dusted board.
- Rub the surface of the dough with 2 tsp olive oil. Use your fingers to poke at the dough creating lots of little divots over the whole disc. Sprinkle rosemary, sea salt, and cracked pepper over the whole thing (or whatever flavor combination you desire).
- Bake on a pizza stone at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, until golden brown. Place a shallow pan filled with water in the oven with the bread to create a steam oven.