Tuna stuffed avocados are something I eat as a healthy lunch option at least once a week. I’m always experimenting with creating new flavors. You’ve probably seen my viral recipe for a Mexican-inspired tuna stuffed avocado, and now I’m bringing you an all new one that has quickly become my new favorite. There’s no need for mayo in this tuna recipe! We’re keeping it healthy and tasty.
Pro Tip: use a high quality tuna for this recipe like Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore. Trust me, it matters. You can see the difference in quality just by opening the can.
HEALTHY THAI TUNA STUFFED AVOCADO
- 1 (12 oz) can Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup chopped peanuts
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons Asian hot chili sauce (optional)
- Use a spoon to hollow out the avocados, creating a bowl effect, leaving plenty of avocado to form edible bowl walls. Place scooped avocado into a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Drain tuna and place into mixing bowl with avocado. Add in lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, green onions, peanuts, and red pepper flakes. Stir to combine.
- Stuff into prepared avocado bowls.
- Want it spicy? Drizzle with hot chili sauce and serve.
Buy my e-Cookbook!
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox 😃
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!