Simple Grilled Swordfish is a great lean fish steak that is easy to make with ingredients you may already have on hand. Switch things up by using either lemon or lime juice.
Do I have to use swordfish? What other kinds of fish can I use?
This recipe is designed for a firm, lean, meaty fish like swordfish. You can also use this recipe with tuna steaks or thresher shark.
My Other Recipes
What is the best way to thaw fish?
The safest way to thaw fish is to simply place it into a refrigerator and allow it to thaw overnight. If you need your fish thawed faster, place it into an airtight plastic bag. If it is already sealed in an individual plastic bag, there’s no need to place it into another bag. Place the plastic encased fish into a mixing bowl and fill the bowl with cold water to cover. Place the bowl into the fridge. Your fish should be thawed within 1-2 hours, possibly less if it is a thin fillet. Once defrosted, fish should be used immediately.
Watch the video below where Rachel will walk you through every step of this recipe. Sometimes it helps to have a visual, and we’ve always got you covered with our cooking show. You can find the complete collection of recipes on YouTube, Facebook Watch, or our Facebook Page, or right here on our website with their corresponding recipes.
Simple Grilled Swordfish
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 swordfish fillets
- In a shallow dish whisk together lime juice, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and cayenne pepper in a bowl.
- Put the swordfish in the bowl to cover and let marinate in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- Preheat a grill to high heat (450-500 degrees). Grill the fish for 5-7 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Actual grilling time will depend on the thickness of your fillet.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!