You’d never know these cookies were gluten-free, let alone made out of beans! I’m serious!
Now, I don’t have Celiac’s Disease and have no reason to live a gluten-free lifestyle. But when you have friends or family with a gluten-free lifestyle it can be hard to come up with something to treat them to. I’m generally a skeptic about gluten free recipes. They often use expensive, harder to find ingredients that I never have on hand. Chickpea cookies and brownies are all the rage these days so I decided to give my hand at it to see if I could come up with a gluten free cookie that I can bring to my gluten-free friends as well as enjoy myself.
As a lover of all things Nutella
My Other Recipes
The dough will be very soft and sticky. If you are having trouble working with the dough try chilling it in the fridge or freezer.
If you want complete control over what goes into your cookie and have it be oil-free, try using homemade peanut butter and homemade nutella.
Watch the video below where I give you a visual walk through of making this recipe, including tips and tricks for cooking. I have a whole YouTube Channel with my own cooking show. You should check it out!
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
Gluten Free Peanut Butter Nutella Cookies
- 2 15 oz cans garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed, drained, and patted dry
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Spray a cookie or baking sheet with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Combine the beans, nutella, peanut butter, honey, cocoa powder, vanilla, and baking powder in a food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Place heaping spoonfuls of the dough onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes in the 350 degree oven.
- Remove cookies from the baking sheet and let cool on a wire rack.
This recipe first appeared on The Stay At Home Chef on October 21, 2013
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!