Cornish Hens are a gourmet dinner you can easily make at home. This recipe will be your secret weapon for any occasion you want to celebrate with a special, yet totally easy meal. There’s no reason to feel intimidated, this is something any home cook can make. Cranberry and orange juices are combined in a cran-orange glaze for the little bird, a fantastic combination.
Where to find? You can find Tyson® Premium Cornish Hens in the frozen meat section. They are sold in individually wrapped bags which is super convenient. Use the product locator to find a store near you that sells them. I bought mine at Smith’s.
My Other Recipes
How many people does it serve? You can serve up to 2 people per hen, but you can also serve an entire hen per person for the presentation. If serving two, use a sharp butcher knife to cut the hen into two halves and you’ll still have a beautiful presentation. They take 2-3 days to thaw in the fridge.
Easy Cran-Orange Cornish Hens
- 4 Cornish Hens
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place thawed hens breast side up in a roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in cornstarch to form a paste. Pour in orange juice and cranberry juice. Stir in brown sugar and rosemary. Increase the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Simmer until thickened.
- Brush cran-orange glaze over hens, using all of the liquid. Sprinkle salt and pepper over hens.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 60-65 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Baste the hens every 20 minutes for best results.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!