Cornish Hens are a gourmet dinner you can easily make at home. This recipe will be your secret weapon for any occasion you want to celebrate with a special, yet totally easy meal. There’s no reason to feel intimidated, this is something any home cook can make. Cranberry and orange juices are combined in a cran-orange glaze for the little bird, a fantastic combination.
Where to find? You can find Tyson® Premium Cornish Hens in the frozen meat section. They are sold in individually wrapped bags which is super convenient. Use the product locator to find a store near you that sells them. I bought mine at Smith’s.
My Other Recipes
How many people does it serve? You can serve up to 2 people per hen, but you can also serve an entire hen per person for the presentation. If serving two, use a sharp butcher knife to cut the hen into two halves and you’ll still have a beautiful presentation. They take 2-3 days to thaw in the fridge.
Easy Cran-Orange Cornish Hens
- 4 Cornish Hens
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place thawed hens breast side up in a roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Whisk in cornstarch to form a paste. Pour in orange juice and cranberry juice. Stir in brown sugar and rosemary. Increase the heat to high and bring to a simmer. Simmer until thickened.
- Brush cran-orange glaze over hens, using all of the liquid. Sprinkle salt and pepper over hens.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 60-65 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. Baste the hens every 20 minutes for best results.
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox!
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!