You can’t beat a good french fry. There is something about sitting down with a plate full of tasty fries that just feels like the American way. I like to play with spices on my fries, giving them bold flavors that pop in your mouth. In this recipe I’m using russet potatoes, but you can also make this recipe with sweet potatoes.
Wait, can you still call it a french fry if you didn’t fry it? Hmm. I guess my french bakes…no that doesn’t sound right. Baked potato matchsticks? Shoot, we’ll just stick to french fries. Regardless of what you call them, it is a nice twist on the fry and goes really well with a spicy burger like my Queso Fundido Chorizo Hamburger. Now that is one heck of a tasty burger. Just sayin’.
Just in case you have any questions about how to make this recipe, I’ve made a video to show you how. Just click play and you’ll see my own cooking show! You can also check out my YouTube Channel where I have more than 150 more restaurant quality recipes you can easily make at home. There’s sure to be something you like.
My Other Recipes
Baked Chili-Lime French Fries
Chili Lime French Fries
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 limes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut the potatoes into wedges or french fry shaped matchsticks.
- Place the cut potatoes onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil. Squeeze the lime juice over the potatoes. Dust the fries with chili powder, salt, and cayenne pepper.
- Bake at 450 degrees for about 45 minutes.
This recipe was first published on The Stay At Home Chef on June 26, 2013
Get New Recipes Sent To Your Inbox ?
Join my newsletter and get new mouth watering recipes sent directly to you weekly!