Sign in and save recipe to your profile.Sign In
Braised Caribbean Chicken
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- Salt and Pepper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes cut into large chunks
- 2 sweet onions cut into large chunks
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime juice about 1 lime
- Season thighs and drumsticks with a little salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy pot over high heat. Add in the olive oil and sear the thighs and drumsticks on each side.
- Add in tomatoes, onions, garlic, worcestershire, balsamic, sugar, salt, thyme, red pepper flakes, and ginger. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in lime juice before serving. Serve over rice.